I have always wondered what was going to happen to technology in the future. That is why I am writing about the Future of Technology, because the future and our technology are both important. Did you know that every year human knowledge doubles and computer power goes up exponentially? Our technology is literally advancing faster than we can advance! Our technology may soon be smarter than it’s creators.
Usually when people think of the future they think of way far off thousands of years. When I think of the future I think of the next 20-50 years. In the close future, cars may drive themselves and we may have elevators into space. What you will read will show you 5 hot technologies that will change the future in the next 20-50 years.
- Carbon Nanotubes: Carbon Nanotubes will allow us to continue to add more and more transistors onto our computer processors, without them We wouldn’t be able to continue at the current rate. They will also be a base technology of things such as long life batteries, flat screen monitors and even poles for a possible elevator into space. They are also strong, 10-100 times stronger than steel and they are the by-product of certain chemical reactions and products being made. Nanotubes can form and operate as pretty much any technology, they can also be grown under certain conditions. In the future Carbon Nanotubes may replace oil as the basic material all advanced human technologies require to operate.
- Biosensors will revolutionize the way hospitals and medical facilities operate. Thats because they will be able to act like an independent doctor, it scans your blood for diseases and immediately attacks them with the appropriate drugs. They will do more than that though, when people are in need of new organs Biosensors may be able to acts as those organs. They so this all without the help of people. It is possible that Biosensors will also be able to scan and protect you from biowarfare a possible threat of the future. All foods may also be tested with biosensors. It will be like living in a society where no one gets sick.
- Self Driving cars, will change the way you drive. You won’t have to drive because the computer in the car will do it for you. And they are closer to reality than you might think, forklifts already use autopilots to drive around warehouses, snowplows use an assist feature and auto driving cars have been tested in the desert and cities. You may even see them on the road as soon as 2025. These cars may be controlled by GPS, laser sensors, and infrared devices. All cars will be aware of each other and intersections where you stop will be a thing of the past. Toyota has developed self driving cars that don’t slow down or stop at intersections they are all aware of each other and they drive just right so that none of them hit each other. But will people accept the idea? Some people enjoy driving and others don’t want the danger of being hit by one in an accident. It may be possible but it may not go on as planned.
- The fuel cell, some are based on CARBON NANOTUBES (see how versatile they are) and they will replace batteries, generators and car engines. Many fuels cell run on hydrogen and others on methanol. These are both cheap and better for the environment than traditional combustion engines in cars today. Car companies are spending millions researching fuel cells, because they know it’s the future of cars. Hydrogen is a fuel that can be produced cheaply and it is renewable and found everywhere. Fuel cells will defiantly revolutionize and change the face of our future.
- Robots. When most people think of robots, they think of large metal boxes with low growly voices, that though is not the future of robots. Many robots will be designed to look and talk exactly like humans. There is a small possibility that some will think similar to humans. Today most robots can’t think but they can walk and some can run. One day the world of advanced computers and the world of advanced robotics will combine and robots will be smart. I can assure you that one day you will have a robot that can think for itself. Unless you are blind, you die, humans destroy themselves or robots that think for themselves are invisible.
The future looks bright! And thats only a small part of it. Later on some other day I will post more on the future and what it holds for us.
Written by Ian zablog.wordpress.com